GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Assembler is responsible for preparing product for final release to customer and to achieve quality and integrity of products at the lowest possible cost.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works from verbal and written instructions, which may include assembly or sub-assembly prints.
- Receives parts, sub-assemblies, and partially completed units.
- Measures, cuts, fits, adjusts, drills, rivets, and bolts, as applicable.
- Uses appropriate tools and fixtures to assist with the installation or complete the installation of parts, sub-assemblies, and modifications.
- Grinds excess materials as required.
- Uses various tools which may include various rivet guns, drills, sanders, grinders, routers, and other tooling and equipment as needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Able to read tape measure, do decimal to fraction conversions, and read blueprints.
- Skilled in tool drilling operations.
- Knowledge of all applicable manufacturing and quality documentation required to perform the job tasks.
- Ability to train and learn from co-workers in job skill transfer.
Other Job Functions
Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
2 years related experience.
Basic computer skills required.
Ability to accurately read tape measure; convert between fractions and decimals.
Read and interpret blueprints.
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Shop Floor environment / shared workbench or workstation.
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
Ability to perform repetitive motion (rotating wrists, keyboarding, using small/large tools).
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Ability to tolerate constant noise (machine motors – large fans).
Ability to work safely in the presence of hazardous chemicals and hazardous conditions.
Ability to follow standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Work is highly repetitive or routine.
A basic level of analytical ability is required; requires minimal problem solving skills within framework of standard practice.
Decision Making/ Accountability
Duties, objectives, and results are generally specified and in accordance with well-defined policies/procedures or precedence.
Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instruction.
No leadership skill is required.
High school graduate or equivalent.
3 months on-the-job training.