Purpose of Work:
Responsible for performing the production procedures specific to the Assembly Line Production Processes used in the manufacture of products such as antigen substrate slides and related components.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Completes the production processes for slide runs including fixing, inspecting, bagging, sealing, counting and storage of the items produced.
- Performs routine daily tasks of recording temperatures, preparing reagents, sterilizing materials and setting up materials (pans and slides) for production runs.
- Prepares glassware and foil pouches for production runs.
- Prints labels and applies to foil pouches/bottles.
- Completes and signs all required paperwork records to track, and log every step in the process.
- Cleans-up dishes, pans, biohazard safety cabinet and work area both during the day and at the end of the day.
- Disposes of the used fixative (acetone/methanol) and other waste materials appropriately.
- Operates and maintains department related equipment.
- Participate in month-end inventory.
- Familiar with Quality Management System and quality policies.
- Knowledge of Safety Program procedure.
Other Job Duties:
Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications of the Position:
High School or G.E.D. is required.
Special Requirements including Licenses/Certificates:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to understand English, both written and verbal
- Ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal
- Good manual dexterity
- Good team player
- Ability to multi-task effectively
Physical Requirements of the Position:
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Type of Work Environment: