The Assembly Manager position oversees management of all areas of assembling products and assembly activities so that schedules are met and are within quality standards and cost objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists company officers and senior management in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develops the assembly plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Formulates and recommends policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the assembly operation.
- Directs and monitors department supervisors and leads to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established assembly and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates supervisory staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework date. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to assembly procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Business Acumen
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Lean/Kaizen/TOC/Agile management
This position manages all department supervisors and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment in addition to the warehouse. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. The employees is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the warehouse work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Walking around the factory grounds and climbing up and down stairs multiple times per day. Sitting, standing, bending, stooping as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position has very limited travel requirements.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large assembly or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
- Experience working with assembly based technology, processes and principles.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race, color, gender, religion, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, age, disability, citizenship status, uniform servicemen status or any other protect class under federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.