FULL TIME! ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS AFTER 30 DAYS!
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
Desired results of the job:
This position is responsible for the operation of assembly equipment to manufacture plastic parts for cooler related products meeting quality and production standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operator must wear required PPE at all times.
• Operator must follow the Safety dress code and hair policy.
• Operator needs to know the escalation process in case he/she is not being treated with dignity and respect,
receiving the proper tools, training and guidance. The chain of command is Operator-Line Lead-Supervisor-
Superintendent-Manager-Director of Operation. Since it is an open door policy company, the operator can go
to HR at any time, however, they need to ensure that during their scheduled working hours they, ask in
advance for supervisor’s approval, this is required to coordinate coverage on the line.
• Operator is required to meet both Efficiency and Quality standards at all times while working on the lines.
• If the operator feels the activity or machinery, is performing in an unsafe manner, it needs to be reported
immediately to the Line Lead and/or Supervisor.
• Operator must operate machinery and equipment as instructed for its intended use.
• Operator should be able to perform with certifications in core activities such as screw gunning, foaming,
cleaning and drain plug operation.
• Monitor parts/product for quality issues and notify the Line Lead, Quality Champion, Supervisor or Manager if
a discrepancy is detected.
• Relieve other Machine Operators in the occurrence of machine down time or job re-assignment in pursuit of
maintaining departmental Efficiency and Quality of production.
• Train operators as required, using the Skills Flexibility Matrix.
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices in their work area and all common areas.
• Support Line Leaders.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
• Physical Demands: Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. multiple times a day during a 12 hr. shift; Bend and stand in difficult positions up to 12 hours; Able to push up to 80 lbs. on rollers or wheels.
Minimum height requirement of 60 inches.
• English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend either English or Spanish.
• Math skills: Basic
• Work environment: Manufacturing environment is hot and humid in summer months, cold during winter months. High noise level requires use of hearing protection.
• Education: High School diploma or equivalency.
• Experience: One (1) year manufacturing assembly experience.
• Daily Efficiency
• Daily Scrap %
• Daily Attainment
• Community- Work well with others in promoting high performance work team.
• Courage- Share ideas with others that add value and reduce waste/scrap.
• Craftsmanship- Demand quality work of self and others.
• Commitment- Work with others to accomplish the goal of the job.
• Celebration- Achieves common goals and share the successes with others.
The Fundamental Five - 5 Key Culture Building Disciplines:
• Circles of Judgement
• Left-Handed Conversation
Igloo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Igloo provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.