Operates all assembly equipment and machinery in a correct, safe manner at the required rate.
- Performs any Maintenance activities, as specified for their position
- Line feeds as required by their Coordinator.
- Ensure that parts and components are assembled in accordance to their What to Do/What to Check (WTD/WTC).
- Perform all required quality checks and gaging activities on parts/assemblies
- Completes all relevant assembly documentation as specified by their Coordinator (i.e. SPC Charts, VE Logs, Performance Sheet, 1st Piece Checks, Reference Number Log, Scrap Log, Rework Log, Move Ticket, Quality Approved Sticker, N.C.M. Tag, Caution Tag, In-Process Approved Tag)
- Performs all changeover operations, on all machines, correctly.
- Perform first piece inspection as specified
- Perform grease checks and completes the SPC Chart/Graph as specified.
- Separates, tags and places all scrap/rework parts in designated area.
- Ensure all housekeeping duties have been performed, as specified by their Coordinator, and the Cell is left in a clean and orderly manner at the end of the shift.
- Actively participate in Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Perform any rework required and completes all necessary documentation as specified
-- Perform any other duties as assigned
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.