Engineered Magnetics, Inc. and EDEL is a manufacturing and engineering company for complex applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets.
US Citizenship is required.
An assembly technician working in an Aerospace environment for a small manufacturing company. Assembly technician responsibilities include assembling different components or parts of semi-finished or finished goods, for delivery to US Government or Government agency. Thus, they play a crucial role in broadening the horizons for the business.
Key Responsibilities of an Assembly Technician
If you are planning to take up a career as an assembly technician at Engineered Magnetics, you must be fully aware of the responsibilities that need to be handled by you. Here is a list of the key responsibilities that need to be carried out by the person filing this role:
- To study, read, and understand the schematic diagrams, blueprints, product manuals, process documents, and gather information regarding its parts, fixtures, tools, etc.
- To set up, arrange, and operate equipment as per the specifications and instructions from the supervisor or written instructions
- To assemble parts or components to build a whole new product
- To contribute in fitting, building, or reconstruction of various parts to ensure smooth process of component amalgamation
- To implement and identify needs for improvement by conveying it to the senior personnel, so that quality of products is maintained
In addition to these responsibilities, you are also responsible for the following duties:
- To maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment and ensure the compliance with the company's rules and policies.
- To maintain and update the results related to various tests and inspection procedures conducted regarding the product specification.
- To make sure that all the parts, labor, and other processes are progressing at the given time.
- To resolve discrepancies and maintain the integrity of the subordinate staff members by keeping a close eye on their timings and attendance.
- Ability to work from Assembly Drawings, Assembly Travelers, Modification Sheets and other assembly documentation per ISO-9001 /AS9100 procedures.
- To discipline, orient, train, and motivate the staff members to achieve highest level of quality. Occasionally, they may need to train new members.
- To monitor, maintain, and repair the equipment as per the requirements and to ensure good team work by constantly keeping in touch with labor supervisor, quality analyst, and other senior members.
- Responsible to ensure workmanship and check their own quality per internal workmanship document DPS-2276 and Military/ Aerospace specifications.
An ideal assembly technician would definitely have a good hand and eye coordination with demonstrated excellent manual dexterity for precision alignment. This is essential, as they will need to handle small parts or chips and also require strength to lift heavy things. A good physique and patience is equally important as they will need to work for hours together doing the same monotonous work. An ability to track fine details visually and discover defects in the inspected parts is another important quality that will be helpful. Ability to read and comprehend schematic engineering drawings and blueprints and ability to learn and master new assembly skills along with strong communication skills is equally important.
- High school Diploma /GED required. Must be fluent in oral and written English language.
- At least 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment of electro mechanical assemblies for ether aerospace/military/defense/high-tech markets.
- Experience reading Blueprints and Engineering Assembly drawings.
- Concentration and the ability to remain focused on a given task or problem condition while remaining cognizant of deadlines.
- Prior J-Standard Certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Safety Standards, Procedures and required PPE is required.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
Full Time Position Monday to Friday.
Welder / Solderer