Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 74586BR Date posted 10/22/2018 City Middletown State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney is in search of a an Assembly Tool Staff Technician. The Assembly Tool Staff Technician plans and develops tooling methods for the assembly, disassembly, inspection, repair, and test of Pratt & Whitney commercial and military jet engines. Assembly Tool Staff Technician must exercise a high degree of initiative and judgment during the development of assembly tooling.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Analyze, plan and establish tool requirements to support assembly/disassembly of validation/production engines/modules.
- Participate in development and qualification of assembly tooling.
- Develop concepts for assembly/disassembly tooling procedures.
- Significant interaction with Assembly Operations mechanics (hourly work force), Tool Designers, Quality Assurance, Process Engineering, and Assembly Operation Engineers to identify requirements and resolve assembly tooling related issues.
- Technical writing of tool usage instructions.
Must be able to work weekend shift. Friday through Sunday, 8 am to 8 pm.
Due to our government contracts, all applicants must be US Citizens.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- 1+ years experience in validation engine projects, to include:
- Experience in manufacturing/assembly concepts.
- Experience interpreting and working from engineering and tool drawings.
- Preferred but not limited to candidates who are in pursuit of an engineering degree.
- Knowledge of various types of special assembly support tooling is a plus.
- Understanding of manufacturing practices, jet engine assembly/disassembly and maintenance procedures are desirable.
- Candidate must possess solid communication skills.
High School graduate with a minimum of 2 years of supplemental technical course work in a mechanical related field, in lieu of a 2 year degree or equivalent experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.