JP Morgan Chase:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available athttp://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function:
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Wealth Management & Investment Solutions (WMIS) provides advice, strategies and solutions for all aspects of the financial, asset management and wealth transfer needs of high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients. WMIS is dedicated to delivering an outstanding client experience by providing unbiased advice and individual solutions. The CCM role is within the WMIS Credit Risk Organization, with roles in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, London and Geneva.
Individual will be expected to take a leading role on the due diligence, structuring, preparing credit packages (with business partners), term sheets and loan documentation for our top client transactions and will likely continue with an active post deal monitoring role.
- Provide support to Credit Executives for top credit Clients, including existing and new transactions. This would involve having a current and prospective view of the client, its industry and credit needs, and when appropriate partner with Lending Solutions in client discussions
- Partner with Underwriter on Credit Due Diligence, Financial and Collateral Analysis
- Lead underwriter for assigned names and others as assigned by Credit Executive.
- Oversee Annual Review process to ensure timely and accurate completion
- For complex credits, review of credit documentation and term sheet with guidance from Credit Executives
- Ensure the transaction adheres to all appropriate lending regulations and credit policies.
- Partner with Lending Advisors to deliver credit structures that will be acceptable to our clients and the Bank
- Responsible for portfolio management and appropriate escalation for their respective markets to ensure credit risk is maintained.
- Drive the Credit Risk project agenda, while acting as SME on projects with risk involvement
- Recommend and implement new methods and procedures to make the unit more efficient
- Research industry, regulatory and product related events as required
- Mentor Credit Underwriters and Credit Analysts, as well as other WMIS Risk staff.
The candidate should be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, organized, possess strong analytic skills and have problem solving capabilities. Individual must be able to work in a high production environment while meeting or exceeding agreed upon targets for volume, timing and quality.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in economics, accounting, finance or business management
- Minimum 3-6 years of relevant Credit Underwriting experience
- Strong analytical and credit skills. Familiarity with term sheets and loan documentation with ability to take an active role in identifying key issues / concerns around structure and credit
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with and influence others
- Strong decision making capabilities and the ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Highly organized, motivated and hard working with strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work under tight timelines and multi-task