Weitzman is one of the largest retail-focused commercial real estate owners and third-party service providers in Texas. Weitzman offers a full range of services including general brokerage, property management, asset management and development services. We operate exclusively in Texas’ major markets: Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, Houston and San Antonio. Visit our website at www.weitzmangroup.com.
Weitzman is recruiting for an experienced Asset Manager for our Dallas office located in the Uptown area. The Asset Manager position is responsible for financial analysis related to leasing and financing decisions, leasing evaluation, sales activities, asset and capital improvement budgeting, asset management plans, property management coordination and investor/owner communications for an assigned portfolio of shopping centers.
- Communicate regularly with owner in order to effectively understand and implement their wishes.
- Direct the leasing, physical operation and condition of assigned portfolio by responding in a timely, thorough and concise manner to questions and requests from both internal and external sources.
- Monitor the financial health for each assigned property.
- Coordinate and oversee tenant collections.
- Read, interpret and negotiate contracts, leases, lease amendments and other legal documents related to assigned portfolio.
- Prepare contracts, leases, lease amendments and other legal documents for signature.
- Prepare monthly reports for assigned portfolio.
- Present property information to owner during regularly scheduled property meetings.
- Review and approve annual property budgets.
- Visit properties to inspect condition of shopping center, gauge adherence to lease and owner standards.
- Monitor critical dates within assigned portfolio (lease expirations, renewals, etc.).
- Ensure that high standards for leasing, property performance and property operations are understood and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial real estate experience with both local as well as regional community shopping center tenants
- Retail lease negotiation experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, time-management, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure while handling unexpected situations
- Intermediate or better Microsoft Office Suite skills.
Weitzman offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, free on-site parking, access to free onsite fitness facility and more.
Follow us on Twitter @WeitzmanGroupTX, Facebook and LinkedIn for other employment opportunities.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER