ArborCrowd is the first real estate crowdfunding platform to be launched by a real estate institution, opening an exclusive network to a new class of investors. ArborCrowd is a start-up, but is differentiated by being part of The Arbor Family of Companies – which includes Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR), a leading publicly traded commercial mortgage real estate investment trust – and its 30+ year history of success.
ArborCrowd is seeking an Asset Manager who will be responsible for the management of ArborCrowd’s real estate investment portfolio. The role requires a proactive and enthusiastic attitude and a strong attention to detail. Additionally, it requires the ability to communicate with institutional sponsors and to take the information it receives and translate it into a message easily digestible by retail investors.
The Asset Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Perform monthly financial review and analysis of all underlying property investments including operating statements and budgets.
- Monitor sponsor implementation of business plan(s) associated with the underlying property investments, which will primarily focus on multifamily assets, but may also include office, retail, hospitality, senior living, self-storage and industrial assets.
- Monitor construction and renovations progress to ensure that that the scope and cost of the work is consistent with the pro-forma projections.
- Communicate with sponsors and property managers to obtain information about investments.
- Prepare investor quarterly reports for each investment.
- Communicate with investors regarding questions about the performance of investments.
- Conduct market research to assist acquisitions team on potential acquisitions and to determine various factors impacting property level performance.
- Work closely with ArborCrowd’s property underwriters to gain in-depth knowledge of each investment prior to its closing in order to assist in creating sophisticated offering materials to drive interest in our investments.
- Assist with additional internal or investor reporting as needed.
Working In A Startup Team
As a startup, ArborCrowd employees have an “all hands on deck” approach to our work, and working together in collaboration is a key to our success.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Accounting. Advanced Real Estate training is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Real Estate with an emphasis on asset management, property management, risk/financial analysis and relationship management.
- Strong knowledge of real estate markets with a particular emphasis on the multifamily sector and value-add projects.
- Excellent financial, analytical, and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, including phone and email.
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to understand the audience and appropriately tailor a message to such audience.
- Proficiency with working Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of commonly used property management software (such as Yardi).
- Positive attitude, team-player, motivated self-starter, excellent interpersonal skills, creative and pro-active.
- Desires an exciting fast paced “start-up” environment.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and be prepared to work hard.
Travel: As needed (approximately 20-30%)