Arbor, a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily and commercial real estate-related loans and other real estate-related assets, has a career opportunity for a Team Lead in Asset Management. The Team Lead, will be responsible for the daily management of their respective Asset Management team, developing and recommending disposition strategies, and maintaining borrower relationships.
The Team Lead will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Supervising the daily activities of their respective team in the Asset Management department
- Hiring and training Asset Management staff
- Managing, evaluating and developing the portfolio staff
- Design, develop and implement policies and procedures for the Asset Management Department.
- Closely work with borrowers and management companies regarding performance and management of the asset.
- Review and address loan dynamics, property findings, and trends with the department.
Additional Asset Management responsibilities include the execution and oversight of the following:
- Perform financial analysis of properties including operating statements, budget and variance review, loan administration and borrower support, workout and foreclosure analysis, lease analysis, appraisal and engineering report reviews, etc. Also coordinate new loan activity with underwriters, attorneys, accounting, servicing, etc. Assess loan risk within the portfolio and make recommendations to senior management to mitigate the risk.
- Perform quarterly property level valuations in order to value the asset.
- Conduct market research to determine various factors impacting property level performance.
- Prepare quarterly reports, valuations and risk ratings.
- Overseeing the implementation of business plans associated with a variety of real estate-related assets, including mezzanine and bridge loans, REO properties and preferred equity positions.
- Work closely with senior management in analyzing strategies for workouts, foreclosures, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Review and interpret legal documents, such as loan agreements, guarantees, and promissory notes, and coordinate with borrower and respective staff to ensure the loans remain in compliance.
- Monitor capital improvement projects to ensure timely completion within budgets.
- Additional loan servicing and reporting as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate. Master’s in Law, Finance, Real Estate or Business preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 6 to 8 years in real estate and 5+ years in a management role; Emphasis in multi-family Real Estate preferred.
- In depth knowledge of commercial real estate properties and of the commercial real estate market.
- Knowledge of property valuation, financing of commercial properties and asset servicing for commercial real estate.
- Strong financial, analytical, presentation, oral and written communication skills are required.
- The qualified candidate will be hard-working, detail-oriented, and well-organized.
Travel: Up to 10%