My top tier client in the Navy Yard is hiring a IT Asset Manager! The ideal candidate must have an active Secret Clearance or above and ESL experience.
Title: IT Asset Manager/ Logistics Manager
Location: Washington D.C.
Duration: 3 Month Contract to Hire
IT Asset / Logistics Manager
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in Enterprise IT Service delivery.
- Must have proved experience working in an intensely fast paced environment. Must be able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Will be required to lead and direct work efforts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PC).
- High requirement to get someone with Microsoft Project experience / expertise.
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive to all levels of the organization. Good analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with employees and managers.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers.
- Must have professional demeanor, positive attitude, patience, flexibility and a customer-service attitude.
- Naval Sea Systems (NAVSEA) or Navy experience is a plus.
ITIL® V3 Foundation Certification a plus
CSAM Cert a huge plus (or other Microsoft Cert)
NavSEA experience is a huge plus!
Job Responsibilities Summary:
The Logistics / Asset Manager will have a team of 1-2 personnel (with access to additional personnel as required) to facilitate the duties specified in this position description. The incumbent will provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to meet Government specified IT Equipment and Asset Management support requirements on-site. Position requires providing recommended solutions for technical Information Technology (IT) logistical issues, inventory management, telecom circuit provisioning / cataloguing / vendor negotiation. The incumbent would provide Information Technology Equipment Custodian (ITEC) support including creating data repositories for rapid retrieval of inventory/configuration control of hardware, software and maintenance/warranty coverage and will be accountable for all assigned IT hardware assets.
Essential Duties include:
Asset Database Management
- Will be responsible for the management and configuration of the Asset Management database.
- Will be responsible for interacting with Sr. Management and Government management on asset management requests
- Will be responsible for providing metrics
- Will be responsible for the ordering and provisioning of telecom circuits.
- Will be responsible for vendor maintenance agreements, renewals, cancellations and modifications.
- Will participate in:
- Providing the personnel, management, incidental materials, technical services, and software/engineering tools to support the operations and maintenance of facilities, systems and equipment including but not limited to:
ii.Support of furniture reconfiguration related to NAVSEA Business unit requests.
IT Systems Property Management
- Will conduct analysis to determine the need for property replacement, and disposal in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) guidelines.
- Will perform replacement and disposal in accordance with this analysis and DoD and Navy guidelines.
- Will provide reporting procedures and documents to the task manager.
- Will Develop, provide and maintain a database to contain all information concerning replacement and disposal of assets.
- Will develop and coordinate IT property management policies in conjunction with NAVSEA facilities management team to maintain accurate inventories.
- Will facilitate the ordering of all procurements on contract and act as the liason between the asset requester and the Program Manager.
- Will ensure that the entire procurement lifecycle is managed through the creation, review, government approval, submittal, contractor acceptance, delivery, and payment of ordered assets. Additional duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure all Activity orders are fully funded and executable
- Investigate and resolve problems with orders
- Provide a liaison with the NMCI/CoSC/NGEN order management project office.
- Incumbent will have excellent experience and knowledge of dealing with the end to end circuit provisioning process.
- Have excellent knowledge of dealing with the DISA Direct Load Order Entry (DDOE) tool located on DISA website.
- Draft, Review and validate DISA Direct Order Entry (DDOE) Telecommunications Requests (TRs).
- Work closely with DISA, NCMO, Commercial Vendors and Field activities in the delivery of circuits, resolution of issues, and isolation of outages as it relates to WAN transport circuit issues/outages.
- Collaborate weekly with the NAVSEA Information Assurance team, to ensure all circuits are in compliance with the DoD policies related to Certification and Accreditation (C&A).
- Must be a technical expert on the provisioning of Telecommunications WAN (Data/Voice/IP Based) circuits.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on DISA's telecommunications provisioning processes, circuit troubleshooting & restoration.
- Assist other activities within NAVSEA Enterprise in providing technical direction and training on circuit related business.
- Reviews ongoing performance results to targets. Initiates corrective measures with authorization, escalate as needed.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully formed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Projects a favorable image of the company to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster aid and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned.
- Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Employee must have at least a Secret security clearance, preferred a Top Secret clearance.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications.