HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudsons Bay, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgiums only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
- Protect the assets of the distribution center, as well as associates and visitors.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of various systems (ie: CCTV, access control, alarms, etc.)
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of facility management
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to multi-task and follow directions
- Problem solving skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors Degree.
- Previous retail and/ or distribution center Loss Prevention experience preferred.
As The Asset Protection Investigator, You Will:
- Maintain surveillance of the property via CCTV and physical inspections, including perimeter checks.
- Check inbound and outbound drivers and trailers to maintain yard.
- Ensure the DC is a safe environment for all.
- Respond to medical situation and render first aid when needed.
- Complete various daily assignments and audits.
- Greet associates and visitors on arrival; perform bag checks on departure.
- Conduct investigations into internal and external theft and shortages.
- Maintain strong, positive partnerships within the DC associate, management, and Asset Protection teams.
- Foster awareness and communication.
- Must be able to work a rotational schedule of days off, including weekends and holidays.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.