J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Risk is an inherent part of JPMorgan Chase's business activities and the firm's overall risk tolerance is established in the context of the firm's earnings power, capital, and diversified business model. The firm’s risk management framework and governance structure are intended to provide comprehensive controls and ongoing management of the major risks inherent in its business activities. It is also intended to create a culture of risk awareness and personal responsibility throughout the firm. The firm's ability to properly identify, measure, monitor, and report risk is critical to both its soundness and profitability. JPMorgan Chase believes in a holistic approach to risk analysis by incorporating key risk disciplines including Credit, Market, Principal, Liquidity, Operational, Model, Legal, Fiduciary and Reputation and weighing these against returns.
The WM Risk Business Management team is part of the AWM Risk Business Management team and provides dedicate support to WM. The WM Risk Business Manager will be responsible for partnering with the Chief Risk Officer and the WM Risk Leadership team, Regional Credit Heads, Credit Executives, Capital Advisors, Legal and Compliance to support the Credit Risk organization. In addition the team supports the Investment, Fiduciary, Operational and Reputational Risk stripes. Job responsibilities will include:
- Agree on key priorities for WM Credit Risk in partnership with the WM CRO, Global Head of Underwriting and the Credit Risk Leadership team
- Continue to drive the role of Credit Risk and as an independent second line of defense function
- Involvement in project management and execution of ad-hoc Credit Risk driven projects & initiatives
- Work with the Credit Risk Leadership team and Technology to clearly define Risk Technology needs and formulate a plan
- Continue to improve the governance framework for WM Risk, including the preparation materials and minutes for Regional Risk Committees, Credit Risk Forums and other LOB Risk forums
- Research and help formulate conclusions to broad risk issues
- Establish regular communication with the Business and Credit Risk team regarding risk issues, including policy, trends, regulatory (present updates at regular forums)
- Represent WM Risk and actively participate in cross LOB Risk groups and initiatives
- Involvement in and/or coordination of policy and regulatory processes (for example, Regulatory exams, Consent Orders, MRAs, Audits)
- Participate in the coordination of Weekly & Monthly Credit Leadership meetings, agenda topics and metric submissions
- Coordinate submission to DRPC, Audit Committees, AWM Risk Committee and other presentations as required
- In partnership with the AWM Risk Business Management team and Finance provide input to WM Credit Risk Financials
- Work closely with Oversight & Control and the WM Credit Risk team to ensure WM Credit Risk RCSA process is managed and action plans are addressed in a timely manner
- Prepare materials for and coordinate materials for management forums (i.e., Town Hall, Offsite, ad-hoc management meetings).
- As required, provide project management for regulatory remediation for items with a cross risk management impact
- In addition, support ad-hoc risk control and business management activities for WM Risk Management.
Individual must bring a relentless focus on execution and enjoy taking ownership for the delivery of measurable results. They must also be able to:
- Influence the business to transform/ change current state.
- Quickly analyze current business models / practices and develop innovate solutions.
- Effectively communicate key messages, and simplify complex business situations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Several year’s work experience in the financial industry. Experience in Risk, and/or in a related Control function, preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships and interact comfortably with a wide spectrum of internal stakeholders
- Be highly execution orientated.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to navigate the organization across regions and functions
- Self-starter able to prioritize key tasks effectively
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
- Keen interest in policy, governance and regulations
- Interact and communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels of the team.
- Develop project plans with product sponsors and key subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of the WM and/or AWM Business.
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced and demanding working environment