FleishmanHillard, a global integrated communications agency, is seeking an Assistant Account Executive to join our growing Global Business Development Services Group. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to support content within new business proposals, collaborate with a global network and keep this fast-paced team organized. We are looking for a collaborative team player who is able to manage workload amongst a bi-coastal group and the ability to bring important projects across the finish line. This position requires exceptional organizational skills and will be crucial to the success of our new business team and company’s reputation.
We are looking for individuals who have excellent writing skills, are passionate about communications and eager to learn. The FleishmanHillard experience provides the opportunity to grow personally and professionally through exposure to client service and the inner workings of a global, integrated communications firm.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in-class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Global Business Development Team Overview
FleishmanHillard’s global business development function is being enhanced with the introduction of a dedicated organization comprised of talent focused on helping improve our effectiveness in the pursuit and conversion of new business. The success of the business development team relies on the caliber of talent and resources we are investing in, the culture and processes we are committed to continually evolve, and the close partnership that the function must have with our leadership, general managers, global client leaders, sector and practice leaders, and our partners within Omnicom.
New business is a critical function of our business and will be an important contributor to growth. It requires we:
- Be rigorous in our approach to produce stronger, high-value wins
- Drive strong agency-wide alignment, collaboration, adoption of world-class practices
- Approach every opportunity as one agency opportunity
- Align around a universal, systematic process – the FH Way
- Promote and behave as a culture of hunters (focused on relationship-building, proactivity and salesmanship)
- Recognize and reward exceptional contributors to new business success
- To achieve these ambitions, we are introducing a dedicated global new business organization whose role will be to:
- Drive rigor, consistent systems and processes, and a culture of proactivity and salesmanship in how we approach new business
- Partner closely with agency leadership, general managers, global client leaders, sector and practice leaders, and our partners within Omnicom to impact our performance on high-value and strategic opportunities
- Aid our agency talent in developing strong new business skills, and arming with the best tools and resources
- Support managing director(s) with RFP/RFI responses and other duties related to business development asset gathering.
- Support end-to-end business development process including logistics, and project managing and proposal/pitch deliverables.
- Tracking and prioritizing large opportunities that are current, pending and/or in decision phases.
- Perform industry and brand research and competitive analysis on prospective clients.
- Proofreads and edits documents for accurate use of grammar and content. Corrects any grammatical, spelling, typographical, or compositional errors in original copy.
- Request, organize and edit team roles and biographies for role descriptions.
- Collecting, copywriting and editing content for network-wide case studies in a manner that tells a story and highlights outstanding results.
- Manage meeting milestones (calendaring meetings, sending out recaps and clear next steps)
The ideal candidate will:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Have enthusiasm for driving the business development and marketing agenda.
- A competitive spirit — determined and solution oriented in the face of challenges.
- Be passionate about the agency and our clients’ business.
- Be detail-oriented, highly organized and focused.
- Positive, can-do attitude -- no task too small or menial.
- Can escalate issues appropriately and know when to ask for clarity
- Effectively and professionally communicate to clients, team members and Senior Leadership.
- Excel in a collaborative team environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, multi-task, be flexible and meet strict deadlines.
- Proofreading experience, preferably for advertising, web and marketing materials.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered. If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.