Assistant Accounting Manager
Erickson Plumbing, Heating, Air and Electrical is a 2nd generation family owned business serving the residents of Minneapolis for over 30 years.We pride ourselves in our core values of honesty, integrity and dedication to our customers. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate Accounting professional to take their career to the next level. Apply today for more information.
Position Summary: The Accounting Manager is involved in/responsible for all Accounting and Human Resource functions. This position is directly accountable for A/R, A/P, Cash Management, Collections, GL, monthly closing, job costing, financial reporting, Union relations, benefits administration, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- 5 years in accounting or related field
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug and background check
- Positive attitude, team player
- Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Highly organized, detail oriented and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong math, analytical and accurate data entry skills
- Proactive in anticipating problems and seeking out resolutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to communicate clearly in English both verbally and in writing
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior managerial background in a small office environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Management
- Experience using SAGE Contractor 100
- Experience using Service Titan
- Experience in union wage and reporting processes
- Familiar with the construction/contracting industry
- Preparing and presenting financial reports and risk analysis
- Management of contract modifications, monthly customer billings, job costs, the cost to complete, project contract amounts, project profit and cost in excess of revenue
- Manages the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding. Employee relation and performance issues, coaching and terminations
- Develops and maintains all employee benefits programs and ensures that all employees have timely access to those programs and are enrolled
- Read and understand insurance requirements and payment terms for General Contractor and Sub Contractors
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, Cash Management, Collections, GL and Worker's Comp, Cost Accounting and Percent of Completion Revenue Recognition
- AIA Billing
- Facilitate and process 3rd party financing
- Direct job costing & production of job status reports.
- Ordering all office supplies and materials
- Oversee time entry and payroll processing
- Oversees Federal and State taxes, child support and other payroll related payments.
- Process monthly union reports, and quarterly payroll tax reports, reconciles to General Ledger, Sales Tax reporting
- Oversees Accounts Payable
- Maintain close schedule & timely monthly, quarterly, and annual closes
- Reviews monthly expenses, watching for abnormal billings.
- Support annual budgeting and actual vs budget analyses