You will be studying the unpredictable to prepare educators' their financial future better. You will analyze financial/pricing results, metrics, and industry data, research, and respond to questions from other departments/divisions, external auditors, regulators, and field personnel and participate in or lead special projects or studies as assigned. You will be responsible for completing assigned tasks with an appropriate level of supervision. If you are ready for the challenge to help educators, apply now.
* Assist with pricing assignments to determine premium rates and profitability including review and analysis of results
* Assist management with interest rate changes including portions of the monthly packet for the interest rate review meetings and help support implementation of rate changes
* Respond to requests for policy level calculations for illustrations/projections
* Develop and maintain appropriate documentation of procedures and assumptions for the product development process
About Horace Mann
Horace Mann, a leading insurance and financial services company, focused on meeting the evolving need of public K-12 teachers. Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two teachers who saw the need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN), and we have nearly $12 billion in assets. For more information, visit the Horace Mann website at www.horacemann.com
As a leading insurance and financial services company focused on meeting the evolving need of public K-12 teachers, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Assistant Actuary in our Springfield or Dallas office.
* Minimum of 5 years prior Actuarial experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of actuarial science and operating metrics, including technology and operational performance requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
* Minimum of 3 Actuarial exams passed
* Experience with modeling software MG-ALFA. Abilities in Excel, Access
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* ASA designation
* Reasonable progress toward FSA designation (if in the student program)
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Age/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled