Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located on the Boardwalk, just steps from the beach. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971 and is planning its 50th anniversary. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at stockton.edu.
The AACSB accredited School of Business at Stockton University, invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Studies, Management with an earned degree or specific work experience in Healthcare Administration starting in September 1, 2020.
This position will most likely involve teaching at both of Stockton’s instructional sites, in Galloway, NJ and in Atlantic City (which are approximately 12 miles apart).
- This position involves teaching Management and Healthcare Administration courses at the undergraduate and MBA levels, which may include Healthcare Operations & Financial Management, Managing Population Health, Healthcare Leadership, Healthcare Systems, and other core management and healthcare administration classes.
- All Stockton faculty members are required to teach courses in the university's interdisciplinary general studies program as well.
- Along with building a track record of excellence in teaching, School of Business faculty members are expected to produce high-quality publications in suitable academic journals and present peer-reviewed work at appropriate academic conferences.
- Other faculty duties include providing university service, as well as maintaining liaisons with professional groups and industry partners.
- The ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- An earned doctorate in Healthcare Administration, or experience in Healthcare Administration is required (ABD candidates will be considered at the instructor level until the doctoral degree is completed).
- Evidence of potential for teaching, research and service in the healthcare field is required.
- Related industry work experience is a plus, as is exposure to or experience within the liberal arts
- Experience with online teaching
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- A curriculum vitae
- Short (1-page) teaching philosophy statement
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Samples of scholarly or creative work (e.g. documents, video, etc.)
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/documents/crime-stats/2018AnnualReport.pdf . The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.