Assistant Athletic Trainer
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking applicants for the Assistant Athletic Trainer position. The trainer assists with the care of student athletes competing in the universityâ€™s athletic programs. The appointee is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the Universityâ€™s Greatness through Virtue whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides care for assigned teams at practices, home and away games, tournaments etc.
- Maintains appropriate medical records for all student athletes, including daily treatment and rehabilitation records
- Designs programs for the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Collaborates with athletic department staff to ensure the health and safety of student athletes
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the sports medicine department
- Serves as a preceptor for students in the athletic training education program
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in athletic training is required; Masterâ€™s degree in athletic training is preferred
- Current Board of Certification recognition as a certified athletic trainer in good standing with NATA and a state of ND license
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedictâ€™s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding the â€˜Greatness through Virtueâ€™ core strategies and being able to facilitate the growth of our Scholar-Athletes in the virtues of academic life.
- Working knowledge of recognition, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation methods
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Click here to apply or go to umary.edu.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR