The Assistant Banking Center Manager serves as a role model for the team and supports the Banking Center Manager in overseeing the sales, service and operations of the banking center, which includes ensuring exceptional customer service, achievement of banking center goals and objectives, efficient and effective operations, and compliance with all bank policies and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Associate's degree preferred
* 1 - 3 Years experience in function
* 3 - 5 Years experience in industry
* NMLS registration required
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver effective communication (verbal and written) proactively with a customer-oriented approach.
* Ability to supervise, coach, motivate and train team members on sales, service and operations.
* Proven track record in meeting sales and service goals and initiatives; well-developed selling, cross-selling and referral skills.
* Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills; excellent attention to detail, customer responsiveness, and timely follow up/completion of tasks.
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of retail products, services, regulations and compliance.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and core banking software required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist in the oversight and development of the banking center team to ensure the consistent delivery of exceptional sales and service experiences, which includes coaching, observation, and feedback consistent with Chemical Bank's customer service standards.
* Support the Banking Center Manager in recruiting, developing and retaining key talent for the banking center.
* Ensure the training needs of new and existing team members are being met, including product knowledge and operational training.
* Manage team interactions effectively, acting as a liaison between the Banking Center Manager and the team, ensuring the Banking Center Manager is made aware of challenges and successes.
* Actively participate and assist in the facilitation of daily, weekly, monthly banking center team meetings.
* Consistently execute activities and behaviors to meet or exceed established personal sales, cross-sell and referral goals; proactively guide and coach the banking center team to promote sales and referrals to business partners.
* As a member of the platform team, act as a sales and service consultant to the customer; conduct relationship reviews, open new accounts, process loans and operate a cash drawer when necessary.
* Conduct outbound telephone calls to customers to sell additional products and services that meet their needs.
* Monitor and manage relationships with new and existing customers to support, retain and expand relationships; contact customers after opening accounts as part of the customer on-boarding process.
* Maintain comprehensive knowledge of products and services to support customer needs; proactively support sales campaign initiatives.
* Resolve escalated customer concerns and issues promptly and effectively, keeping the Banking Center Manager abreast of challenges.
* Support the Banking Center Manager in the daily operations of the office including but not limited to overdraft management, vault management, schedules, and the opening and closing of the office.
* Ensure operational excellence and adherence to bank policies, procedures and security protocol.
* Provide support in ensuring the completion of compliance and audit related activities, ensuring that all required audits of cash, negotiable instruments and safe deposit boxes are being effectively performed as required, including self-audits.
Other / Miscellaneous
* Participate in and encourage team participation in Community Reinvestment Act efforts and activities.
* Provide support on sales campaigns and other initiatives.
As a Chemical Banker, you will join other professionals who share our community banking philosophy of making a positive impact where we live, work and play. You will be a part of a growing community bank that believes in the dreams of its customers and employees alike. With Chemical Bank, you will make a difference in your community while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities. Visit our Careers Page for more information.
Chemical Bank is an EEO/AA employer for minorities, women, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.