Molalla High School is actively recruiting for an
Assistant Baseball Coach
Season Starts March 2, 2020
- Help each participating student to achieve a high level of skill and knowledge of the sport.
- Develop a positive working relationship with students, staff, administration, parents and community.
- Possesses a valid First Aid Card.
- Completion of an annual Bloodborne Pathogen course.
- Possesses a high level of competence which may include prior participation in the sport, prior coaching experience, and completion of courses and/or clinics sufficient to provide the knowledge and skill to meet the performance responsibilities described below.
- Experience teaching, working with, and/or coaching high school-age students.
- Encourages good sportsmanship, fair play, ethical conduct, good scholarship and desirable pupil-teacher relationships.
- Plans for and conducts, or assists in organized practice sessions which actively involve all participants in conditioning, skill development and play practice.
- Assists in the development of lines of communications with parents, students, teachers, administrators and the community.
- Teaches students the skills and strategies necessary to participate in the sport.
- Teaches the drills and exercises needed for developing strength, stamina and speed in the sport.
- Assists with the proper care, maintenance, and security of facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Assists in the supervision of participants wherever they are present including the locker room, playing/practice area and on district-provided transportation. Takes all reasonable precautions to provide for the health and safety of the participants.
- Takes responsibility for the conduct of all players and mangers while under his/her jurisdiction, at home or away.
- Adheres to the school and district regulations and policies regarding the conduct of coaches and student eligibility in sports. Conducts grade checks upon the request of the athletic director.
- Assists in making sure that a student is eligible for initial participation in the sport before the issuance of equipment or participation in practice.
- Assists in keeping a record of all injuries and report information to the athletic director's office and the office of the principal if an athlete may require medical attention.
- Works constructively with colleagues and others for the purpose of improving the quality of an athlete's behavior and academic success.
- Assists in all fundraising activities related to his/her sport.
- Assists in the development of the Team Handbook.
- Enforces the expectations for student athletes as expressed in the Molalla High School Student Handbook.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as expressed in the Molalla High School Coaches Handbook.
- Performs such other tasks as may be assigned by the Board or Administration.
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, BONDING, AND/OR TESTING REQUIRED:
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance
- First Aid Card
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training