Position Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Supervisor: Branch Manager
Ensure efficient operation of the Branch to ensure customer satisfaction and projected bottom line profit. Manages personnel issues and supervision. Maintains a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient customer service. Maintains company standards by ensuring employees are aware of expectations, are properly trained and are held accountable for their actions.
- General operations of the Branch.
- Develops strong business relationships with customers by maintaining open communication with customers, and by quickly and effectively resolving problems
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures including but not limited to safety (HACCP, OSHA) personnel, security, pest control and shrink control.
- Reviews financial and operational reports and takes necessary actions based on report results.
- Directs subordinates to ensure timely and accurate management of all warehouse operations including safety, sanitation, shelf labels, inventory, merchandising, receiving, stocking, stacking position, order pulling, shipping and in store customer service.
- Defines the service standards and the operational mission of the branch, communicates it to the employees and monitors activities in order to meet the goals of the branch.
- Maximizes all sales opportunities by ensuring high levels of customer service by ensuring proper scheduling of the workforce while meeting budgetary guidelines.
- Manages selection, annual performance appraisals and professional development of all Management level personnel.
- Directly supervises and manages department managers.
- Coaches managers on employee relation issues such as new hires, transfers, promotions, demotions and any disciplinary action including termination.
- Maintains communication with the Corporate Offices to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Reviews inventory on a regular basis to ensure that the inventory is correct and the products are in-house
- Completes and processes necessary reports and paperwork accurately and timely.
- Assumes special projects and responsibilities as required.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required),
- Minimum 4 years management experience in food service or grocery distribution in a supermarket, club warehouse, big box or mass merchandising environment.
- Background in P&L, Inventory control, merchandising, hiring / training staff, front end, merchandising, cash control, payroll, security / loss prevention mandatory.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of running a high volume warehouse operation.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and people management / training skills and be extremely customer service oriented.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- For the most part the ambient temperature will be moderate, there are areas that are cold such as the Freezer and hot such as the Damages area.
- The work is mostly performed standing/walking – must be able to stand/walk for up to 4 hours without a break.
- Physical labor is infrequent but there may be times when merchandise may need to be moved or an area cleaned.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, Hilo) moving material throughout the warehouse.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.