Job Title: Assistant Brand Manager – Sustainability / Clean Label
Division / Company: Global Brand Architecture / Amway Global Marketing
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this team:
This energized cross functional team leads the marketing plans and communication guidelines that promote Amway’s brand mission in traceability, clean label, and sustainability packaging initiatives. This team of three crafts the foundational marketing plans and messages that define Amway’s commitment to protecting the earth through sustainable packaging and protecting our consumers with “clean” products and brands. The work this team enables will help our Amway Business Owners (ABO”S) around the globe promote the unique messages that can separate us in the marketplace, ensuring products and brands that are pure, safe and effective.
How you would contribute to the role:
This is an engaging role with great importance that will have you working with all Amway brands to abide by standards that help inform product creation and brand positioning related to clean products and sustainable packaging. The role provides a platform for visibility as you build marketing strategy, guidelines and governance for creating clean products delivered in sustainable packaging across Amway’s family of brands. Additionally, you will work closely with R&D and packaging design to explore clean and sustainable options for product creation and delivery, helping our global brand marketers with impact on cost of goods, brand priorities, and recommendations for product launches. Your experience will help us build governance against the clean product formulation standards and sustainable packaging standards. As well, your work will define messaging around clean products and sustainable packaging that will best inform target audiences globally.
What skills and background will be important to be successful?
- Minimum 6 years in a Marketing or Marketing Communications rolebuilding clean label or brand sustainability programs
- Clean and/or sustainable packaging experience
- Demonstrated talent to lead marketing strategic planning, influence people and processes
- Self-motivated with the talent to work independently leading project initiatives
- Strong knowledge of brand management and strategy principles and practices
- Excellent strategic planning and project management skills to manage competing priorities
- Interpersonal skills to develop and sustain rapport with key cross functional members, leadership and global affiliate staff
- Background in developing marketing and sales tools and collateral
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- BA / BS degree in Marketing or a related field, MBA desirable