A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) with Mars Edge division’s leading health and wellness brand, CocoaVia, is responsible for executing marketing programs and tactics, and working cross-functionally and with external agencies. As part of the Brand team, the ABM is also a steward of the brand who supports the brand promise, brand vision, brand position, and brand architecture, and achieves overall business goals for the brand.
A successful candidate has a drive for results and the ability to work through ambiguity. The candidate is a strong team player, resourceful, and detail-oriented individual. He/she works closely with internal team members (R&D, Customer Service Supply, Commercial, Sales, and Corporate Affairs) and external agency partners to execute the marketing plans.
- Help drive delivery of business objectives for the brand, including net sales, operating profit, and margin
- Assist in the development of brand marketing materials, working closely with Demand Team, cross-functional partners, and agency partners
- Assist in innovation projects and new product launches, including managing and facilitating cross-functional meetings, presenting progress and recommended actions to the management team, developing launch plans, and tracking timelines
- Own consumer, category and competitive research, providing actionable recommendations from the learnings
- Monitor brand channels and owned pages, gathering consumer insights and ensuring that consumer experience is optimized, cohesive, and on-brand
- Work with the Customer Care team to track customer satisfaction and provide actionable recommendations to team
- Support the development of the Annual Operating Plans and business review presentations
- Assist in developing and executing the trade show strategy; includes providing booth support at trade shows and attending conferences as necessary
- Manage the advertising and promotion budget
- Work with Finance and Commercial teams on partner contracts and payments
- Lead ad hoc projects as required by the business
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
- Strong consumer focus and understanding of marketing levers
- Excellent cross-functional, presentation, and analytical skills
- Effective project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Highly organized and able to work in a high-pressure environment with multiple projects; able to dovetail high-priority projects
- Action-oriented and self-motivated
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous start-up environment
- Comfortable with senior management
- Minimum of 3 years’ Marketing and/or Brand Management experience
- Experience in supplements and/or health & wellness space preferred
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree required (in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications preferred)
- MBA a bonus (specialization in marketing preferred)
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.