The Assistant Buyer helps drive the Buyer's overall business and is accountable to help achieve sales and margin objectives. The Assistant Buyer will partner with the Buyer to develop and execute a strategy for product assortment and manages vendor relationships for a specific category of business to maximize sales and exceed customer expectations. Also, they perform general administrative tasks supporting vendor and product selection, pricing and promotion and product set-up.
- Performs general administrative tasks supporting vendor and product selection, pricing and promotion and item product and vendor set-up.
- This position requires close communication and engagement with vendors, photography, E-commerce and TV merchant teams. Strong project-management emphasis.
- Serve as a resource for the coordination, execution and communication of overall product information and detail for: Customer Service, Media Production and Programming, Marketing and Legal
- Communication and execution of product level information with vendors
- Support inventory purchase order process through data entry, maintenance, and tracking
- Identify merchandise assortments, selects product, and helps manage vendor relationships
- Partner with Planning and cross functional teams to ensure product is available to all ShopHQ mediums
- Identifies and recommends new products or business opportunities
- Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional groups to ensure successful vendor assortment launch
- Utilizing many reporting resources, analyze existing style productivity, vendor performance and deliver recommendations for action plans
- Analyze industry, competitor, and category trends to identify new product opportunities
- Other duties as assignedQUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in retail environment, multichannel experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and PC skills
- Able to operate independently and work closely with the buying team and other cross functional teams
- Positive attitude and ability to demonstrate flexibility
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong retail background and recognition of product features and benefits
- Travel may be required
Assistant Buyer>Associate Buyer>Buyer>Sr. Buyer
iMedia Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, or other protected characteristics as defined by state, federal, or local law.
The individual in this role must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. In the event that an applicant or employee wishes to seek a reasonable accommodation, please contact iMedia’s Human Resources department for further direction.
This job description is intended to convey the general nature and scope of the position and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed, and iMedia management reserves the right to amend the duties and responsibilities of this role at any time to meet business needs.