As the country’s oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers is proud to uphold the same traditions and values for nearly two centuries. We believe these are the reasons why our customers consider us to be far more than a store. Brooks Brothers has been an American icon since 1818. In 1915 our present ten-story flagship store opened at 346 Madison Avenue near New York’s most prominent social organizations, including the Harvard and Yale Clubs and the New York Yacht Club. Almost 100 years later we continue to dress ladies and gentleman of all generations and cultivate long term relationships with our loyal clients. Our stores represent our respect for our heritage and vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination. We continually strive to make this a great place to work with a strong emphasis on career development and associate satisfaction. We are consistently devoted to championing both our people and the Brooks Brothers Brand.
The diversity of our operations has recently created an opportunity for an Assistant Buyer located at our Enfield, CT offices. Our Procurement team is responsible for leading strategic sourcing initiatives and optimizing non-merchandise spend. The Assistant Buyer is responsible for Brooks Brothers proprietary print and packaging and store supplies while adhering to budgets and actively searching for money saving opportunities. This position is responsible for procuring stores supplies and provide analytical support and develop cost reduction strategies relating to indirect store supply spend.
- Procurement of proprietary packaging and print while maintaining lowest cost and highest quality and service
- Focus on supplier relationships and partner with Marketing and Store Operations to execute vision through RFx and direct negotiations
- Focus on budget requirements, on-time delivery and highest level of quality at the most competitive cost
- Analyze usage patterns and spend data and industry dynamics to identify cost improvement opportunities
- Assist in presenting business cases, should-cost models, and sourcing strategies
- Create and manage competitive RFx
- Contributes to negotiation strategy development and negotiation execution
- Develops implementation and transition plans and supports change management initiatives
- Measures supplier performance using quantitative data, based on cost, quality and service level metrics
- Gathers supplier performance feedback from brand partners and conducts quarterly business reviews
- Market research through vendor meetings, conferences and publications
- Support Procurement with cost savings, cost avoidance and process improvement
- Work with 3rd party distribution system for all store ordering and evaluate inventory and control fees