Our Commitment to Equity
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
Provides day-to-day supervision and management of a child care site. Plans and implements a safe and quality child care program through working directly with employees, participants and parents.
- Ensures planning and implementation of culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate activities within the curriculum in accordance with the Youth Development goals of the YMCA. Is responsible for the quality and completion of all program plans, including lesson, behavior and event plans.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates child care site staff/volunteers. Is responsible for professional development planning. Conducts staff meetings and organizes trainings. Maintains required staff/child ratios.
- Professionally communicates as needed confidential and evaluative information with parents/guardians including newsletters, individual parent communication and parent/teacher conferences.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
- Maintains professional relationships with families, facility personnel and the community. May plan and conduct events for parents.
- May maintain required records according to YMCA and DSHS standards, including attendance records, immunization records, registration information, accident reports, discipline records and fire evacuation records.
- Recruits new enrollments.
- Ensures that site supplies are maintained and purchased as necessary.
- May assist with developing and monitoring department budgets.
- Ensures developmentally appropriate classrooms including appearance, décor and cleanliness of site.
- May supervise a group of children to ensure their health and safety and to provide for a positive experience for each child.
- May prepare and serve snacks.
- Recruits and supports members of Parent Advisory Group.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are 21 years of age or older and should have:
- Three years or more of experience working with children kindergarten aged and younger.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Requires written proof of education; including a current CDA, or minimum college credits as required by DEL (for example 45 credits in early childhood education)
- Ability to model and demonstrate Y values; caring, respect, responsibility and honesty
- Experience overseeing, planning and implementing group activities
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
Starting pay rate: $19.50/Hr.
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
- Passion for Excellence