Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission:To entertain the human race. It is the primary responsibility of the assistant chef restaurant room to perform basic food preparations and operate a specific station with others or individually. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Grand policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ensures to maintain quality and proper presentation of food and drives the customer relation management system by ensuring that all such orders are handled correctly.
- Communicates with chefs, management, employees and guest efficiently with proper reporting, and meetings.
- Schedules and maintains the budgeted labor costs as well as potential food cost.
- Understands and utilizes Stratton Warren system properly for purchasing, release orders and cost transfers.
- Maintains a hygiene level above that required by the local Health Department and ensures that food sanitation, safety and proper food handling functions are practiced on a daily basis.
- Performs all other job-related duties as requested.
- At least 3 year of experience in a high volume, preferably strong food knowledge, preferably in a hotel/casino environment.
Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment
Extensive skill, knowledge and experience in all aspects of the kitchen operation, interpersonal service skills, organization skills to plan time effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in F&B and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.