Starting Pay Rate is $15.00 per Hour!!
Elwyn's Development Center child care program is available year round.
Monday-Friday from 7:15 am to 6:00 pm. Five days only.
Children 6 weeks to 6 years of age are accepted for this dynamic and nurturing environment. The program follows the Creative Curriculum™ including PA state approved assessment tools.
• State child care subsidy accepted.
• Low child-teacher ratios.
• Indoor play area designed for gross-motor skill development.
• Outdoor state-of-the-art playground including a specially designed tot-lot.
• Parent participation activities and family engagement encouraged
POSITION SUMMARY: The assistant childcare group leader position is a key member of the early care team with an emphasis on developmentally appropriate practice, child development and creating positive outcomes for young children. This position is responsible for assisting the childcare group leader in implementing all classroom activities in accordance with Keystone stars and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with planning and implementing daily program activities including but not limited to daily care (i.e. diapering) routines, outdoor play activities, learning center activities, nap activities, whole group, and small group activities
• Assists child care group leader with implementation of standardized activity plans incorporating Early Learning Standards and the Creative Curriculum
• Communicates daily with families both verbal and written through daily face-to-face contact at pick-up and drop-off times and daily notes and emails sent home
• Assists childcare group leader in recording daily, weekly and monthly observations in Ounce Online (on-line assessment tool)
• Implements programming in accordance with Keystone STARS 4 standards
• Assists child care group leader in completion of NAEYC classroom Portfolio binder evidence of meeting NAEYC criteria
• Assists child care group leader with activities including but not limited to preparing activities for implementation, cleaning and organizing the classroom, directing the activities of instructional assistants
• Assists the director/assistant director with designated activities
• Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid according to agency-trained protocols
• Performs other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director
DIRECT REPORTS: none
CONTACTS: Families, Agencies, School District, Children
• One of the following is required:
• High school Diploma and 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field
• High school Diploma and 15 credit hours from and accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, and elementary education or the human services field and 1 years of experience with children
• High school Diploma and a Child Development Associate Diploma with 2 years of experience with children
• Knowledge of Keystone Stars and NAEYC standards is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective relationships with staff, parents and children
• Must possess excellent leadership and organizational skills.
• Must be able to perform CPR using agency-trained protocols
• Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Outlook; experience using Ounce Online preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled