We Are Hiring
Assistant Clinical Leader - 5 East Elective Surgery - Full-Time, Night - Ascension St John Hospital
Unit Description: 19 bed elective surgery unit. An exciting and dynamic surgical unit specializing in the pre and post-operative nursing care of patients having the following types of elective surgery: General, Vascular, Thoracic, Abdominal, Gastrointestinal, Urology, Bariatric, gynecological, oral maxillofacial and ENT. We provide a healing environment centered around providing top quality care to our patients and their families. We provide fundamental learning needs for the novice RN and the opportunity to gain med/surg expertise and certification for the experienced RN. RNs on 5 East enjoy a mutual respect and collaboration with St. John Physicians and multidisciplinary care teams.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St John Hospital, you will have the opportunity to assist with management of patient care activities and assigned staff.
- Provides direction and support to unit staff. Supervises admissions, conducts assessment of patient's needs, and initiates nursing care plans. Evaluates and documents patient progress.
- Facilitates planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of nursing programs, initiatives and objectives for the unit.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization. Identifies and resolves issues affecting delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Performs all responsibilities and competencies of a RN.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- In partnership with the department Leader, supervises department RNs and other department associates, makes or recommends decisions on corrective action/termination, assignment of duties, reviews and addresses associate concerns.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Two years of progressively more responsible work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.