This position exists to assist the Project Manager to plan and coordinate activities concerned with construction materials testing. The position is responsible primarily for scheduling and implementing project goals and tasks.
The work requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion in handling project details, such as scheduling, monitoring budgets, field reports, site evaluation reports, and other project related activities.
Senior Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time as needed. Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations for a period of time do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.
The position requires an incumbent to:
- Assist with multiple projects, especially scheduling and coordinating project activities.
- Monitor field technician activities and assist with performance feedback and reviews.
- Ensure that field technicians have the appropriate equipment to complete work as assigned.
- Assist in training field technicians.
- Prepare and/or review assigned project reports for accuracy and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Monitor fiscal status of projects and project costs and assist with invoicing.
- Meet with client representatives as assigned about project schedules and progress.
- Maintain positive client relations.
- Assist in drafting proposals and estimates for new work.
- Represent the company professionally and technically as assigned with Technical, Marketing and Industry groups.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
- Knowledge of Construction Materials Testing (CMT) other relevant processes, procedures, codes and standards.
- Knowledge of construction observation practices and the ability to obtain industry certifications:
- CTTP, ICC: Concrete; Masonry; Soil Aggregate; Asphalt; Steel; & Welding, ACI Concrete Field Testing - Grade I, and/or state required certifications.
- Basic knowledge of project management practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic and vocabulary. Communications must be open and honest in keeping with Building & Earth open communication philosophy.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential records and data and to prepare easily understandable reports for distribution.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize tasks and schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients and client representatives and the general public with a focus on maintaining a Customer/Client focus at all times.
- Ability to dress, speak and act professionally & appropriately.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, multiple priorities and hectic schedules calmly and courteously.
- Skilled in the use of computers and common project management and software applications, including ability to learn company specific software applications.
- Ability to work ethically, honestly and safely at all times.
- Must be able to work, move, or carry objects or materials up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communications in the English language, including the ability to communicate directly and over the telephone and be understood.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience
- College degree in Engineering or related field is preferred
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office or other spreadsheet software
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field
- Possession of a valid state of residence driver’s license.
- Ability to be insured under all applicable Corporation insurance policies.
Check out all of our available positions! Our company is continuously growing and our hiring needs constantly change. Please visit our website at www.BuildingAndEarth.com/careers to view all of our open positions. Applying to any open position in your area will get your resume in our system for review. You may contact Christina Gardner at (205) 836-6300 if you have any questions.