QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for performing the task listed.
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Head Coach/Athletic Director
JOB GOAL: To help each participating student achieves a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of esteem.
1. Assists in coaching individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
2. Assists in planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
3. Works closely with the coach in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
4. Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
5. Assists in maintaining necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paper work.
6. Assists in overseeing the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times those students are present.
7. Assists in establishing performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in the sport.
8. Assists in enforcing discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and assists in establishing and overseeing penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
9. Abides by the rules and regulations of the Kentucky High School Athletic Association.
10. Assures that all students are given an equal opportunity to participate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation and duration of coaching season to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.