The position of Assistant Coach is responsible conducting his/her team activities within the policies and regulation established by the WIAA, KINGCO, and the Bellevue School district.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
The Bellevue School District is committed to a diverse workforce representative of our students, one that embraces and models cultural competency as an international community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
• Support the high school in its entire program and strive to improve his/her professional relations with the educational system as well as the coaching profession;
• Be loyal to and support the head coach in conducting the athletic program of that particular sport;
• Be fully aware of the number of games, matches, etc., as specified by the WIAA;
• Assume any duties assigned to him/her by the head coach pertaining to the overall athletic program of that particular sport;
• Assist the Head Coach in all matters relative to the sports season;
• Accompany and direct the assigned team to all games and practices;
• Assume the responsibilities of the Head Coach in the absence of the Head Coach if so designated;
• Be accountable to the Head Coach, Athletic Director, and Principal. Any questions should be directed to any of them;
• Comply with WIAA coaching clock hour program;
• Assume all other responsibilities as may be assigned.
• Reports to and is directly supervised by the Head Coach or the Athletic Director.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Hold a current first aid and CPR card, proof of valid first aid and CPR cards must be provided prior to job offer.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
May work outdoors in inclement weather. May require physical mobility to move through a school campus, including up and down stairs and inside and outside.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
2019-20 Athletic Salary Schedule $ 5,043 - $ 6,304 (dependent upon experience) for the season.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed. The successful candidate for this position must be fingerprinted. Employment is contingent upon clearance by Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Bellevue School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Lowell, 425-456-4010 or email@example.com; Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Heather Edlund, 425-456-4156 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Civil Rights/Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator Alexa Allman 425-456-4040 or email@example.com. Address for all three: 12111 NE 1st St., Bellevue, WA 98005.