Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball
Classification:Career Plan, Contracted Limited Term, Part-time
Prorated based on hire date
Application Deadline:Open until position is filled
Apply online through the “Apply” link listed below.
JOB SUMMARY:This position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the sports program in which you are assisting. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assist the head coach with overall team management, including but not limited to: recruitment of student athletes, coordination of team practices, monitoring academic progress of athletes and preparing the team for competition.
- Represent SC4 in a professional/positive manner on campus, in the community, and at sponsored events/contests.
- Assist the head coach with budgetary oversight, through the Director of Athletics, to comply with Business Office requirements for documentation and control, as well as sound accounting practices.
- Responsible for behavior and well-being of student athletes while on school-sponsored trips.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to maintain compliance with NJCAA by-laws and eligibility rules.
- Act as a promotional agent for the college and team, in collaboration with the Director ofAthletics, to get local, state and national recognition.
- Assist the head coach with tracking academic progress and retention of student athletes.
- Attend meetings as required by the Director of Athletics and/or Vice President of Student Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Associate's degree in a related field and/or extensive successful coaching or playingexperience at a high school varsity level or higher required. Applicant must have experience with budget oversight, student activities and a willingness to work with students in a service capacity required; Bachelor's degree preferred.Must possess strong oral and written communication and motivational skills and be able to work as a team member with the college community, to include students, staff, faculty, administration and other Athletic Teams on campus.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED:This position is directly supervised by the Head Coach.
For further information, contact SC4 Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org call 810-989-5534