Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.” This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
If you are a current or prospective student applying for a student employee position, please use your student email address in the email field on the application.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Job title: Non-NCAA Assistant Coach
Evaluation group: Coach
FLSA status: Exempt
Starting Salary: $ 24,718.00
Work Cycle: 10 Month (August 1 through May 31)
Reports to: Head Coach
Positions supervised: N/A
The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with all activities of the designated program, including but not limited to, recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes, academic progress of student-athletes, competitive game strategy, budget management, coaching staff oversight, and the program’s compliance with the University and Governing Body.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and level of responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Student/Athlete Academic Success
- Promotes and facilitates student-athlete academic success
- Manages and monitors academic and graduation progress
Competitive Success of Sports
- Assists the head coach with the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate athletic program
- Produces a high performing team capable of meeting and maintaining competitive expectations as determined by University Athletic Administration
- Develops conference, regional and nationally competitive student-athletes
- Identifies, evaluates and recruits student-athletes to succeed at Lindenwood University
- Completes all administrative responsibilities associated with the program in a timely manner
- Operates a program that is fiscally responsible and remains within the assigned budget parameters
- Provides leadership in the team’s fundraising activities and initiatives to advance the program
- Understands and adheres to the policies, procedures, bylaws, regulations and rules of Lindenwood University and appropriate governing body
University and Community Relations
- Actively represents the program, department, alumni, campus and community
- Ensures that the program is actively engaged in on-campus and off-campus community involvement/service activities
- Attends or has representation at all department and university meetings and other events as scheduled by University Athletic Administration
- Fosters open, honest, two-way communication with the head coaches and student-athletes
- Maintains effective relationships with all stakeholders (includes but not limited to: coaches, support staff – academics, compliance, athletic performance, sports medicine, mental health, faculty and staff)
Support the Mission of the University
- Abides by coaching Code of Conduct
- Designs and delivers instruction for individual student-athletes and specific team needs, producing a holistic student-athlete experience through academics, athletics and community engagement
- Creates opportunity for student-athletes to learn and develop both physically and mentally
- Exemplifies and promotes the values of the University; integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity and community, in addition to the Athletic Department’s values; relentless, original, all-encompassing, and responsibility
- Engages in continued self-directed professional growth and development
Job may require other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Playing and coaching experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Independent discretion, along with solid and sound judgment are essential
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively and establish and maintain effective relationships with the community, faculty, students, and staff
- Requires creativity and initiative
- Highly developed analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be able to effectively use a computer
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Works with athletes
- Evening and weekend work is required
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physically demanding position
- Must be able to perform, teach and demonstrate the technical aspects of the sport
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to education programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.