Assistant Coach, Women’s Volleyball
Classification:Career Plan, Contracted Limited Term, Part-time
Salary is for the 2020-21 fiscal year, prorated based on hire date
Application Deadline:Open until position is filled
Apply online through the “Apply” link listed below.
JOB SUMMARY:This position is responsible for assisting the head coach, Women’s Volleyball. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assist the head coach with overall team management, including but not limited to: recruitment of student athletes, coordination of team practices, monitoring academic progress of athletes and preparing the team for competition.
- Represent SC4 in a professional/positive manner on campus, in the community, and at sponsored events/contests.
- Assist the head coach with budgetary oversight, through the Director of Athletics, to comply with Business Office requirements for documentation and control, as well as sound accounting practices.
- Responsible for behavior and well-being of student athletes while on school-sponsored trips.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to maintain compliance with NJCAA by-laws and eligibility rules.
- Act as a promotional agent for the college and team, in collaboration with the Director ofAthletics, to get local, state and national recognition.
- Assist the head coach with tracking academic progress and retention of student athletes.
- Attend meetings as required by the Director of Athletics and/or Vice President of Student Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Associate's degree in a related field and/or extensive successful coaching or playing experience at a high school varsity level or higher required. Applicant must have experience with budget oversight, student activities and a willingness to work with students in a service capacity required; Bachelor's degree preferred.Must possess strong oral and written communication and motivational skills and be able to work as a team member with the college community, to include students, staff, faculty, administration and other Athletic Teams on campus.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED:This position is directly supervised by the Head Coach.
For further information, contact SC4 Human Resources email@example.com call 810-989-5534