Requisition No: 200921
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: ASSISTANT COMM HEALTH NURSING DIRECTOR - 64029241
Position Number: 64029241
Salary: $52,769.86 Annually or $2,029.61 Bi-Weekly
Posting Closing Date: 08/10/2020
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Florida Department of Health. If you looking to build a great career in public health, you've come to the right place. Many of our innovative and successful programs are recognized throughout Florida. We hope you decide to join this team and make the Florida Department of Health your employer of choice.
The Department of Health's mission is to protect, promote and improve the health of all people through integrated state, county and community efforts.
Assistant Community Health Nursing Director
The Department of Health in Pinellas will have an Assistant Community Health Nursing Director position open sometime in late summer or early fall 2020. This position is responsible for the day to day medical clinic operations. This is a highly sensitive position conducting administrative duties, client interviews and assessments in a variety of settings within the scope of Florida State and Federal guidelines, and Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County policies and the Nurse Practice Act.
Successful incumbent will work with physicians, nursing staff, and other paraprofessionals and will be expected to perform functions requiring independent judgment, including:
- Supervisory duties including, but not limited to, hiring and selection, training, developing performance plans, conducting performance appraisals, planning and directing their work, approving leave, and taking disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Coordinating multiple clinic and activities across supervisory and divisional lines to ensure efficiency between admitting, laboratory, clinics, nursing, immunizations and nurse issuance.
- Ensuring that nursing staff adheres to Nursing Regulations and Technical Assistance Guideline regarding professional practice and compliance with F.S.464, regarding licensure and safe practices.
- Distributing program information to staff and ensuring implementation of new policies and procedures policies.
- Ensuring program objectives are met by monitoring data and conducting routine chart review using chart audit tools and other processes as needed.
- Monitoring for accurate data entry into the electronic health record to meet all required reporting and productivity standards. Shares results with involved staff and implements corrective action as needed.
- Monitors clinic flow and makes all required adjustments to maintain efficiency, while providing the highest quality of care.
- Monitors the capacity and demand of the clinic and evaluates the productivity of all staff within the Center.
- Assist with reports, meetings and special projects as assigned. Assists in budget planning by identifying budget needs in assigned work area.
- Performs clinic and clerical duties as needed in times of high volume and staffing shortages
- Respond to emergencies such as band aids and post exposure prophylaxis for blood borne pathogen incidents in and outside the building.
- Current, active Florida Nursing license or a multistate license from another Compact State
- Experience planning and organizing staff and clinic schedules including workflow and assignments
- Experience evaluating staff performance and preparing written performance evaluations
- Experience counseling nursing and support personnel for professional growth and development
- One year experience using an EMR.
- One year supervisory/management experience in any type of setting
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with access to private transportation or able to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- At least one year experience working in a public health environment
- Expereince working in a doctors office setting
Other Related Duties as Assigned:
- Performs other duties as required
- Keeps supervisor informed
- Attends staff meetings as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities needed for the position:
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Skill in use of a personal computer
- Knowledge of patient confidentiality laws
- Use multiple computer programs and software such as Microsoft office to retrieve and/or input data.
- Independent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others
- Ability to manage diverse Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to work with persons of a different race, language, culture, or socioeconomic status.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Ability to apply rules, regulations policies and procedures
Department of Health Career Service employees enjoy the following benefits:
• State of Florida Retirement package - 3% employee contribution required
• 9 Annual paid holidays and 1 personal day
• Ability to earn 104 hours of paid Annual Leave (annually)
• Ability to earn 104 Hours of paid Sick Leave (annually)
• Health insurance for individual or family coverage - State pays 80% of premium
• Life Insurance - $25,000 policy provided for duration of employment
• Additional supplemental insurances available such as dental, disability, etc.
• Tax Deferred Medical and Child Care Reimbursement Account
•Tuition Waivers and Nurse Fogiveness Program
*Note:Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process.
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days
Current State Employees - Salary for current employees is based on employee’s current payband/ paygrade.
Only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962 will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, visithttp://www.sss.gov.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Fingerprinting is required of the successful applicant for a sensitive position.Note:You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) to conduct this background check.
Successful completion of a drug test is a condition of employment for safety-sensitive positions.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending on the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa