Related is seeking an Assistant Community Manager to assist with the day-to-day operations of our affordable housing community, totaling 400 units, in Harbor City, CA. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure on-time completion of annual re-certifications for all residents in accordance with company and Section 8/Tax Credit guidelines
- Conduct annual/interim unit inspections to ensure compliance with Tax Credit and Section 8 standards
- Maintain accurate resident records including rents, deposits and application fees received by residents
- Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment, eviction notices, returned checks, memos)
- Collection of rents and preparation of receipts
- Oversee maintenance staff in regards to unit turn overs and work orders
- Meet with residents to resolve issues and complaints
- Receive, log and properly code all invoices for Community Manager’s approval
- Maintain high levels of resident satisfaction by seeking to understand and anticipate resident needs
- Assist the Community Manger in effectively maintaining the property within budgeted parameters
- Collect security deposits and rents, and institute proper procedures against delinquent accounts.
- Interact with current and prospective residents
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies
- Complete tenant move-ins and move-outs in compliance with all company procedures
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust modern fertility program
- Incentive bonus program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program & more!
- 3+ years of property management experience
- Knowledge of Project Based Section 8, LIHTC, and/or other affordable housing programs
- Experience with RealPage OneSite and JD Edwards(or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills).
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
Related Management Company (RMC) is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com .
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer