Balancing the Natural and Built Environment This is not only our company motto, it's also our commitment to understanding the role we play in planning, designing and delivering the infrastructure of our communities. We understand that we are building tomorrow's infrastructure today and are committed to doing it right. Equally important is our commitment to social sustainability in our business practices towards our employees, business partners and clients.
Our Northern California Construction Management team has opportunities for experienced Assistant Construction Inspectors throughout the northern California region. Qualified applicants must have demonstrated experience working on Caltrans roadway/highway projects and posses understanding of Caltrans standards and specifications.
As an Assistant Construction Inspector, you will utilize your expertise to observe and document the construction of various roadway, highway and other transportation projects while adhering to health and safety practices, understand client goals and project objectives, establishing effective client relationships, proactively address issues and support other members of the project team.
- Providing daily site inspections to verify compliance with approved plans, specifications and codes
- Coordinating activities with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, designers and regulatory agencies
- Preparing daily reports
- Reviewing the Contractor's schedule progress
- Labor compliance
- Coordinating 3rd-party special material testing inspections
- Reviewing and providing input on potential change order issues
- Maintaining project records and manage project photographic records
- Verifying field surveys
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years college curriculum in math and/or sciences
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in roadway construction inspection of highways or related public works projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with Caltrans standards, specification and Construction Manual
Our culture is built on the foundation of social sustainability practices. We embrace this responsibility through our One Psomas philosophy and programs that support diversity, learning and mentorship, giving back and health and safety.
We support the continuous learning and development of our employees, while providing flexibility to meet your wellness needs. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Comprehensive Employer PAID Benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, through Kaiser, Cigna, and VSP
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short Term Disability
- Career Paths
- Training and Development
- Tuition/Professional Licensing Assistance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.