Assistant Project Manager - Construction 65k - 75k + Bonus Opportunities!
1. Assist the Project Manager in managing all administrative and technical project requirements including document management, submittals, RFI’s, contract administration, change order processing, scheduling, purchasing, project budgets, cost coding and resource allocation, and project close-out documentation).
2. Assist Project Managers in reviewing bid documents and providing input as necessary.
3. Aid in soliciting and reviewing bids from subcontractors and suppliers and assembling project bids and budgets. Assist in the writing and assembly of project proposal documents including scopes of work, cost summaries, clarifications, schedules, value engineering suggestions, etc.
4. Assist Project Manager in preparation of estimates by performing quantity take-offs and determining scopes of work. Investigate and suggest value engineering and cost-savings options. Work with Project Manager to develop risk assessment and pricing/profit strategies for bids.
5. Assist Marketing as requested by participating in Pre-Bid and Bid Review meetings with owners or owner’s representatives. Participates in presentations to clients, if requested.
6. Assist Project Manager to establish & maintain positive relationship with owners, customer personnel, subcontractors, vendors, etc. Attend regularly scheduled project progress meetings.
7. Assist in securing permits as required.
8. Work with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent to update the project schedule. Assist Job Superintendent and General Superintendent with conflict resolution and modifies the construction schedule or documents as required.
9. As directed by the Project Manager, assist in review of subcontractor pay requests and invoices.
10. Other job related duties, as assigned.
• Requires 4-year Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree or equivalent work experience will be considered
• Strongly Preferred: entry level knowledge of heavy-highway/bridge construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating. Working knowledge of heavy-highway construction management, construction sequencing and field conditions.
• Must demonstrate good computer skills. An advanced knowledge of and experience with construction or project management software is preferred.
• Position necessitates excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Must be a strong team player and have the ability to work well with various personality types, including office and field co-workers, outside vendors/suppliers and customers/Owners. Position will work with multiple project sites and/or for multiple project managers.
• Must be self-motivated. Requires excellent organizational, time-management and decision making/problem solving skills. Must have a high attention to detail.
• Must be able to develop, maintain and foster a positive Company image with customers, potential customers, subcontractors, and suppliers, while maintaining ethical standards. Must demonstrate a strong sense of personal ethics.
• Must maintain confidentiality with all customer information, as well as confidentiality in bidding process.
• Position may require periodic, short-duration travel.
Plus Bonus Opportunities