Regional Financial Service Group has an immediate opportunity for an Assistant Controller/ Accounting Manager ( Relocation Considered)
The candidate will be responsible to lead in all significant areas of accounting, including account reconciliation, daily posting, monthly reporting, including reports to regulatory agencies, and review and preparation of supporting information for monthly closing, financial reporting and preparation of financial reports. Leadership includes the ability to train junior personnel, oversee direct reports that are located in various geographic areas and grow their capacity and careers.
The candidate will have a strong understanding of internal controls, generally accepted accounting principles, account reconciliation and daily management of accounting personnel.
Oversight of the daily operations of the accounting teams through direct interface with other departments and senior management.
- Management of the month end close process, including oversight of the reconciliation and certification of general account balances and maintenance of the General Ledger reconciliation software.
- Review and analysis of the financial statements including fluctuation analyses of the general account balances.
- Maintenance of accounting policies and procedures. Ensure the accounting teams’ compliance to them and other bank-wide applicable policies and procedures.
- Research and resolution of system related issues through working with internal departments including operations and IT, and vendors.
- Review of various internal reporting packages and external regulatory and SEC filings.
- Coordination of interim and annual audits with internal and external auditors.
- Perform accounting operations related ad-hoc analyses and projects, including system upgrade and implementation as needed
- Regulatory Reporting (Call Report, Y-9) experience (SEC financial reporting experience a plus)
- Experience with Fiserv systems a plus (Prologue GL, Frontier Reconciliation tool)
- Experience and ability to manage decentralized teams and ad-hoc projects
Interested candidates should have 5-8 years of accounting management experience. A degree in Accounting or a related field is required.
A background in accounting for a Bank and/or mortgage banking operation is preferable
A CPA designation is preferred but not required.