Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, trains and develops a staff consisting of Accounting, A/R and A/P professionals.
- Manages monthly close processes for corporate accounting consisting of multiple entities and reporting units.
- Prepares financial statement consolidations monthly.
- Manages all accounting functions (GL, A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets), including the review and preparation of account reconciliations.
- Manages the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages.
- Assists in annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
- Primarily responsible for external audit by preparing and reviewing schedules, coordinating supporting documents, and interfacing directly with auditors.
- Assists in tax preparation by fulfilling requests of internal tax department and external accounting firm.
- Prepares journal entries and reviews journal entries created by subordinates.
- Position has primary responsibility for researching all new GAAP or IFRS pronouncements as needed.
- Assists in the monitoring of debt covenants.
- Maintains and improves internal control system.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance at the Company’s place of business during scheduled work hours is an essential function of this job, unless otherwise required by federal, state or leave of absence laws.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a four-year college or university required.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in financial reporting, general ledger and account analysis, and multiple entity consolidation.
- Demonstrated leadership of a team and 3-5 years of management and supervisory experience.
- Real estate experience, preferred.
- Multi-entity consolidation experience, required.
- Experience with accounting software, required. MRI, experience, a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Public accounting experience in external audit, required.
- CPA required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel documents and office equipment. May occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds a distance of 30 feet as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the location, including moving up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for up to 70% of the work day.
The job tasks are performed in an office environment with moderate environmental conditions present, such as temperature, noise levels, etc.
- 3 - 5 years: 3-5 years of management and supervisory experience
- 5 - 10 years: 5-10 years relevant experience in financial reporting, general ledger and account analysis, and multiple entity consolidation
- Bachelors or better in Finance
- Bachelors or better in Accounting
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Certified Public Accnt