Our client is currently seeking an enthusiastic accounting professional to join their established and growing team as the Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller is a growth-oriented position geared towards leadership and the opportunity to work with operations both in office and in the field. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for monthly financial close at all assigned locations.
- Reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Analysis of forecasts and budgets for financial variances.
- Preparation and completion of financial forecasts.
- Assist with the annual financial budget.
- Reporting/communicating financial information to management.
- Management of accounting data to and from assigned locations.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Accounting with at least 3 years of accounting experience is required.
- CPA is highly preferred but not mandatory.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and other accounting software skills are expected.
Walrath Recruiting, Inc. specializes in executive search, direct-hire, and long-term contract placement services in the Accounting/Finance, Advertising & Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing, IT/Technology, Medical, Legal, and Sales industries. With locations in Albany and Saratoga, Walrath Recruiting serves a number of organizations in NY State’s Capital Region, and often extends its services throughout the United States, primarily recruiting for mid-to-senior level positions.