HomeServe USA, ranked as a 2017 Top Work Place, provides emergency repair plans which are like roadside assistance for your home. Our vision is to become the top-of-mind solution for consumers when something goes wrong in their home. Our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. HomeServe USA is part of a global organization that serves millions of customers in the US, UK, France, Italy and Spain. Come see why you should work for HomeServe USA!
The Assistant Controller will have significant responsibility in supporting the VP, Controller for General Accounting, Accounting Operations, and treasury activities for the U.S. business. This will include the development and implementation of policies ensuring that we maintain a rigorous and robust internal control environment and monthly close process and that all accounting at HSUSA is in accordance with IFRS standards and HomeServe Group plc policies. The Assistant Controller will maintain the daily interactions with external auditors (Deloitte) and internal auditors (Group Assurance) and promptly work with the Controller to remediate any issues/gaps raised in audit reports or management letters.
The Assistant Controller will also be responsible for ensuring that all balance sheet and key trial balance accounts are properly reconciled on a timely basis. This will be accomplished by further developing the accounting team. The Assistant Controller will play an integral role in the daily activity of the accounting group, in particular the month end close. The Assistant Controller’s team will actively support the roll-out of leading Oracle and Hyperion technologies and utilize the technologies in an effective, efficient and well documented manner. The Assistant Controller will also be responsible for working closely with the Accounting Operations group, understanding the risk to the financials and ensuring proper processes and controls exist to mitigate those risks. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for implementing effective cash optimization strategies including the careful analysis of working capital trends and will ensure that all debt covenants are effectively managed.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient policies supporting a rigorous internal accounting control environment and an effective month-end close process.
- Direct interactions with External Auditors (Deloitte) and Internal Auditors (Group Assurance). Ensure that all preparatory work is prepared in an efficient and effective manner for these stakeholders. Also ensure that all audit engagements are planned and executed effectively and that any points raised in management letters are remediated swiftly.
- Ensure that HSUSA accounting policies are in accordance with IFRS and Group plc accounting guidance.
- Ensure that the company balance sheet is rigorously controlled with reconciliations for all accounts performed and reviewed on a regular basis (no less frequent than monthly) and that all reconciling items cleared off reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Work with the accounting team and the business to manage critical issues, IT projects to identify risks to the financials. Provide concise and informative updates to the CC and know when to escalate issues.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting is performed for all lease transactions including office property leases as well as all office equipment and the van fleet for the company technicians. Ensure that lease versus buy analyses are being performed and that assessments under IFRS are utilized to determine whether leases will be accounted for as capital or operating leases.
- Manage and administer the administration of all intercompany and intra-company royalty and loan agreements and related debt covenants.
- Manage the gradually expanding Treasury activities here in the U.S with careful coordination with the plc Group. Oversee all cash management procedures and cash flow forecasts.
- Actively support the documentation of all Financial Processes and the migration to transformational “To-Be” processes in order to properly leverage the new Oracle and Hyperion technologies. Ensure that all Accounting department personnel are trained to effectively operate the “To-Be” processes.
- Provide active accounting team support to the Sourcing Director in terms of vendors and AP disbursement trends that will facilitate the further evolution of the Sourcing function.
- Work closely with the Controller to execute the integration of acquisitions
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in accounting or auditing
- CPA certification required and MBA strongly preferred
- Strong technical accounting knowledge in both U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Big 4 accounting firm experience strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems software is required (Oracle, Hyperion, Excel etc.)
- Strong knowledge of tax matters preferred
- Experience managing financial operations: Accounts Payable, cash receipts processing and/or customer refunds processing required
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley compliance preferred (may not be a required)
- Ability to be an effective team leader of large teams with divergent responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner and to display initiative
- Demonstrated success working both individually and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in order to deal effectively with a variety of interpersonal relationships and situations.
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with personnel from various areas of responsibility within the organization and interact with employees (at all levels of the company), customers and vendors in a professional manner.
In return we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Business-casual attire throughout the week
- Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
- Excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
HomeServe USA is an equal opportunity employer.