Marcum Search LLC offers premier professional recruiting services. Building on Marcum Group's personalized approach to accounting and financial services, the members of our in-house recruiting team have our clients' best interests in mind. Our customized process allows us to better understand the specific needs and objectives of clients and candidates alike. Our professional recruiters recognize the importance of working closely with companies and prospective candidates to ensure the perfect match. Each member of our leadership team has senior-level, industry-specific credentials and experience. It is our mission to find the people who possess the precise skill set and qualifications that companies seek.
We are currently assisting our manufacturing client in their search for an Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate will have a strong business acumen, and also the ability to step in to a Controller role within the next 12 months.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Assistant Controller supervises staff and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Assistant Controller will have regular contact with the senior leadership team, which requires strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with other managers to support overall goals and objectives.
- Monitor and develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Supervise the general ledger to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Perform internal audits and maintain relationship with outside audit firms.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 7+ years of prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area within a manufacturing environment with at least 2 years within a supervisory role.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with sophisticated accounting software packages, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.Marcum Search LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law