The individual in this position will manage the general accounting for the company. In addition, this individual will be responsible for closing the monthly books and records, and preparing results of operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the General Accounting including managing the General Ledger and closing the books on a monthly basis.
- Manages the intercompany transactions with the foreign subsidiaries.
- Prepares/Reviews monthly reconciliations on general ledger accounts, including bank reconciliations.
- Prepares and manages the accounting policies and procedures documentation and the general ledger chart of accounts.
- Manages the financial close process; accuracy, integrity, timeliness.
- Prepares monthly consolidated financial statements
- Reviews monthly internal financial statements and provides analytical commentary/support to Finance group
- Performs consolidation and elimination accounting
- Responsible for Inventory control process
- Reviews and approves account and bank reconciliations
- Facilitates corporate lease agreement accounting and payments.
- Coordinates accounting staff and annual financial audit
- Collaborates with Finance and Department Managers to support department goals and objectives.
Scope & Accountabilities
Internal Stakeholders are:
Accounting staff, departmental managers
External Stakeholders are:
Safety and Work Environment - Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Values Charter “Safety: Above all else”.
Effective Communication – Creates and implements timely and effective communication processes that ensure clear, open, and respectful communication within the organization. Role models effective communication in all forms (includes email, text, IM). Delivers messages in a positive, constructive, and professional manner as a leader of the company.
Teamwork - Leads and works with others to achieve organizational goals. Creates strategies to increase teamwork within own organization and across business lines. Develops and implements effective team communications and processes. Listens to others, values opinions, and is respectful of others. Promotes a positive team environment. Holds others accountable for demonstrating teamwork.
Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Focuses efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with customer requirements and the organization’s standards. Leads and motivates team to deliver high quality and timely work. Works with team in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet deadlines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
Leading & Managing Change - Defines and leads business change(s) and holds team members accountable for change management. Effectively communicates changes, reasons and benefits for change. Provides team with appropriate tools/resources to implement change. Manages resistance to change and builds support. Measures effectiveness of change initiatives.
Talent Development - Fosters employee development by providing a supportive learning environment. Advises, assists, mentors and provides feedback to others to encourage and inspire the development of work-related competencies and long-term career growth.
Organizing & Planning – Develops, implements, evaluates and adjusts plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
Strategic Thinking - Proactively monitors emerging trends within and outside own industry sector to identify business challenges and opportunities. Understands the big picture and thinks in creative, synergistic and innovative ways to develop and execute strategic plans and initiatives within own functional area. Takes action considering the situation, the issues, the key players, and business landscape. Engages stakeholders to understand long term objectives, priorities and vision of the organization and creates buy-in to drive the organization forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 8 years directly relevant experience.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Hands on corporate accounting experience. Excellent quantitative analytical skills, including significant relevant experience with financial consolidations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially with Excel.
- Experience with GL/ERP systems, business intelligence software, and experience working and extracting information from various accounting platforms.
Special Position Requirements