DOWNEAST is a fast-growing furniture & apparel retailer operating nationally with over 75 locations throughout the West including Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Washington, California, and Nevada.In addition to our brick and mortar stores, we have a rapidly expanding Customer Service Division that supports all of our stores and our multiple websites.
In business since 1991, and still family owned and operated, it is our goal to bring the very best merchandise at the very best prices.DOWNEAST (www.downeastbasics.com) offers amazing styling at affordable prices.
We are looking for a creative and motivated Assistant Designer who will work directly with our Design Manager and assist in multiple facets within our apparel design division. In this role, our ideal candidate will be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and will have fluent skills in Microsoft Excel. We are looking for a fun individual with experience in the fashion industry, a track record of success, and experience working well in a fast-paced and teamwork environment. Position is full-time and exempt-level and will be located in Salt Lake City, UT.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and manage primary CAD illustrator for Downeast Basics and other private label divisions.
- Create and maintain design team line sheets, including all sketches and style information.
- Maintain daily adjustments and changes to line sheets for best communication with cross-function teams.
- Responsible for coloring up CAD artwork for communication with cross-function teams.
- Communicating regularly with overseas factories, including working from home in late evenings.
- Maintaining sample room; assisting and communicating with approving lab dips, print strike offs, and bulk fabric submissions.
- Creating tech packs and maintaining daily changes and adjustments needed; tracking development samples.
- Organizing and filing in-coming fabric submissions on a daily basis; creation of all color cards.
- Ordering of all color standards and tracking deliveries.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 3 years of relevant experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in fashion-related major preferred
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Photoshop required
- Must have strong communication skills and be attentive to detail; highly organized
- In-depth understanding of Women's Collection apparel market required
- Willing to assist head designer in any and all needs for the business
- Must be a team player and should thrive working in a team environment