The Assistant Director will be working closely with The Hartford Enterprise and Personal Lines teams to lead conceptualization and execution of creative solutions that can be translated for both desktop and mobile environments across various media platforms including: website landing pages, emails, social posts, banners, direct mail, video direction and more. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of direct response design/communication principals with a focus on delivering conversions while continuously staying true to The Hartford brand standards.
- Responsible for leading the development of high quality, breakthrough digital performance creative assets to support new customer acquisition marketing in The Hartford’s Personal Lines business. This role is integral to the integrated marketing and campaign execution process, and will work closely and collaboratively with other members of the marketing team.
- Translate marketing strategy into externally facing value propositions for customers, aligned with PL messaging and brand platform. This includes creative development for digital acquisition marketing including email, online video, social, landing pages, and display ads.
- Manage art and copywriting professionals (internal creative services, and outsourcing where needed). Proven experience with B2C online creative design best practices. Ensure that brand guidelines are embraced and present in all executions.
- Partner with Enterprise marketing in assessing new technologies that may improve marketing performance. Ensure effective marketing and communications programs by leveraging all available marketing tools and technologies and experience to make recommendations for new and innovative tools. Salesforce and Marketing Cloud experience is a plus.
- Work with in-house Analytics Team to understand dynamic of channel mix / attribution to identify efficiencies and drive results improvement.
- Develop test plans for cross channel and creative integration between online and offline mediums to deliver optimal results.
- Provide a deeper understanding of digital creative best practices and what it takes to develop digital creative ideas that deliver business objectives.
- Effectively manage timelines and deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate ongoing attention to detail with high-quality standards for creative excellence.
- Continuous ability to strategically approach learning agenda with focus on quick implementation of areas for improvement.
- Stay current and provide in-house learning materials regarding design trends, innovations, media channel enhancements and technological developments
- Work collaboratively with the Personal Lines media team to identify areas for expansion and opportunity centered on channel utilization and creative execution.
- 10+ years of digital creative experience on Brand or Agency side with escalating role and management responsibilities. Experience with insurance and/or financial services a plus.
- A thorough understanding of direct marketing design and user experience design across platforms, as well as in-depth knowledge of digital media and evolving online platforms
- Proven experience in digital direct marketing tactics, analytics, marketing automation, and digital creative development. Works cross-functionally internally (Enterprise, Media Execution, Analytics, Legal, Product) and externally to develop comprehensive and digital marketing programs and creative assets
- Analytical and creative thinker with strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Strong B2C experience with a strong grasp of current marketing automation and creative strategies to drive performance
- Fundamental understanding of and desire to use data to evolve creative direction and proven ability to turn data into insights for design
- Extensive experience with testing online creative including design of experiment (DOE) methodology, in partnership with analytics support
- Proven experience in harmonizing marketing and creative strategies with design and messaging executions specifically for direct response digital campaigns
- Demonstrated ability and solid understanding of designing intuitive customer journeys, interactions and communications which are optimized for conversion
- Exceptional organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Superior communications (internal and external) and organizational skill with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Job Marketing Communications
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting:Jan 16, 2019, 9:48:42 AM
Remote Worker Option:No