Cascade Summit Montessori School is looking for an Assistant Head of School.
There is nothing quite like the authentic Montessori experience for early childhood education. At Cascade Summit Montessori School, self-direction and self-discipline lead to self-discovery, as we prepare children aged 2 – 6 years of age for the future. The Assistant Head of School works closely with the School Administrative Director in all aspects of managing the school, with specific responsibilities to select, supervise, train and develop teachers with the goal of developing a strong school community meeting the needs of all stakeholders, but centered on the development of the whole child. Some of the exciting things that you will do in this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Make a difference every day!
- Be accountable for the operation of the school, ensuring that the school is operating in accordance with company and state licensing standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring an educational, caring and safe environment for the children and parents.
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day.
- Recruit, select and retain quality staff.
- Maintain point of sale system, understand and interpret financial systems and understand databases and Excel spreadsheets to manage the business side of the school.
- Help achieve profitability for the school. Several essential elements define the authentic Montessori educational experience, from the training educators like yourself receive, to the specialized learning materials and interaction among age groups. Be prepared to guide children along the path to true discovery, as you enhance their independence, inspiration, and intelligence—not to mention, your own.
- At least 21 years of age.
- At least one year of training and/or experience in management and supervision of adults and
- Have knowledge of child development for the primary ages served in the center, as evidenced by a combination of professional references, education, experience or training; or Documentation of attaining at least step nine in the Oregon Registry.
- Montessori certification from a MACTE accredited institution preferred. As an affiliate of Montessori Unlimited, we are part of the largest network of authentic Montessori schools in the United States.
Each Montessori Unlimited school offers traditional, sensory-based Montessori materials, self-directed learning experiences, and certified Montessori teachers in our Primary classrooms. Start your child on the Montessori path today.