ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING
Our mission at The Phoenix Residence is to develop person-centered, quality living for individuals with disabilities. We are looking for an Assistant Director of Nursing to assist the Director of Nursing in the delivery of health services as well as health services education.
This position is 50 hours per pay period. The hours could increase up to 80 hours at times depending on the needs of the nursing department. A rotation in our 24-hour on-call coverage designed to ensure adequate nursing support and coverage at our program sites is also required.
- Possess a current RN license in good standing with the State of Minnesota/Board of Nursing.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation instructor certification or the ability to complete.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Experience developing curriculum involving medication administration, proper use of medical equipment, blood borne pathogens, hygiene practices, policies and procedures, etc.
- Experience developing and training others in a classroom setting.
- Ability to travel between multiple sites. If driving, holds a valid driver's license and maintains a safe driving record.
- Ability to lift and transfer, up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull individuals in wheelchairs.
- Ability to hear and see adequately in order to make assessments.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Demonstrates accurate written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership experience is preferred.